When it comes to playing keno, every player – from the professional online gambler to your granny on her weekend trip to Vegas – has a repertoire of little tricks and quirks to make the game more interesting and lucrative. That’s well and good, but whether these tips are actually useful is a completely different question.
To remedy this, we at Gambling City have collected some proven keno advice that’s sure to improve your game.
Be advised that the below tips do not guarantee that you will win every try. Keno is, after all, a game based entirely on chance. There is no way to reverse that fact and no way to beat keno every time you play. Staying true to our keno tips, however, will at least ensure that you have fun while playing.
Keno Tip—Establish a Bankroll
- A bankroll is a fixed amount of money you are willing to bet and – if you hit a strain of bad luck – to lose. A word of keno advice: it is very important that you never overdraw your bankroll, no matter how much you want to.
- There is no connection between previous and future games, so don’t bet on your luck “turning around” if you stumble into a losing streak. Many a gambler has gone home penniless as a result of this oft-employed but utterly false theory. Simply establish a bankroll that is in accordance with your financial resources. You will enjoy playing keno much more if you are not worried about going bankrupt.
Keno Tip—Choose the Right Casino
- Selecting the right casino in which to play keno is a crucial decision. Watch out for casinos that offer bonuses for beginners, such as no-deposit bonuses, lucrative loyalty bonus programs, or compensations. Many of these “free” bonuses are accompanied by stiff cashout stipulations that require you bet your life savings before leaving.
- On the other hand, if you choose wisely you can earn credits towards play without actually spending more money.
- You should also consider the online casino atmosphere and software. There is no point in playing keno at a casino if their design or interface irk you.
Keno Tip—Learn Keno
- What is perhaps the most important keno advice is also the simplest: know what you are doing! There is no point in throwing money at a game when you don’t know how it’s played.
- If you’re just starting out, free casino games are a great way to learn keno until you understand its many variations, bet types and game flow.
- When you feel ready, you can try playing keno for cash but bet modestly. Do not set yourself a huge bankroll for your very first game. Learn its rhythms, try your luck and take your time.
- Learn keno bets. If your goal is to stay in the game and make your bankroll last, wager small amounts of money on a select few number of spots. Conversely, if you’re aiming for a bigger keno payout, you place larger bets on a larger number of spots. The biggest keno jackpot is available only if you bet the maximum fifteen spots. Here, a $10 wager could win you $100,000.
- Study the odds of every type of bet carefully. There are often huge fluctuations in odds that are not obvious to the naked, untrained eye.
Keno Tip—Picking Your Numbers
- When it comes to picking the numbers, there are no keno tips that can help you improve your chances. Just pick your lucky numbers. Disregard those who say that there are ways to figure out the algorithms that determine the drawn numbers. All types of Random Number Generators (RNGs) are in use by all types of land and online casinos and there is no way to determine which one is used without cataloging millions of draws.
- Instead, listen to your heart and your instincts. Keno is, after all, based on a philosophical poem. The top half of the keno ticket represents the Yin, while the bottom half represents the Yang. If you pick an equal number of spots on both the top half and the bottom half of your keno card, your Yin and Yang will be balanced and the cosmic forces of the universe will be more likely to exert themselves on your behalf.
- If you think that’s ridiculous, just pick your lucky numbers, whether your girlfriend’s cat’s birthday or the date you bought your first car. Your Yin and Yang are all right with that, too.
- If you follow the above keno tips, you will have no problem staying true to this last one: have fun. Keno is just a game. Win or lose, it’s supposed to be enjoyable.