If we think of online roulette as a game of chance wherein the player cannot impact the result of a spin, establishing an online roulette strategy will be quite difficult to do. Those who play slots or online keno are resigned to this idea, since a random number generator determines their fate.
Here, however, players have some recourse. Reviewing the betting odds for or against a specific outcome is a good means of, at least, figuring out what you’re up against.
There are several roulette systems of betting that lay claim to an assurance of success. None have proven, over time, to alter the average win/loss ratio.
Still, roulette betting strategies are worth examining if only to understand why they, in fact, do not work and, thus, better understand the truly random nature of both land roulette and roulette online. Below, a brief overview of the two most prolific:
Roulette Betting Strategies
- Martingale Roulette Betting System
Among roulette systems, the Martingale is the perhaps the most famous. It is a standard negative progression method, which is easy to remember. For each bet you lose, you double that number on the next bet so that, when you finally win, your earnings return all your previous losses. With this strategy, you return to your original bet and begin again.
The caveat to this roulette strategy bet is that if you bet $1 on even and suffer 10 straight losses, you will have lost $2,047 for the chance of winning back a mere $1. What is the likelihood on 10 consecutive losses? Mathematically speaking, the odds are 613 to 1. Nonetheless, it is a possibility. Assuming your pocketbook could back this scheme, the casinos in which you played would not. Most land and online casinos have maximum per bet limits. These would prohibit you from using this strategy bet and from doubling up your bet for more than five or six attempts
- D’ Alembert Roulette Betting System
Another of the most popular systems, the D’ Alembert allows you to step up your bets by a smaller increment when you lose and lessen them by the same number when you win. This roulette strategy bet cuts down the rate of the value of your bet because the progression is linear rather than exponential. Different roulette systems are variants of this setup, including adding to your bet by a changing quantity or, in some cases, lessening it (positive progression). Once again, however, since no outcome probability exists in roulette, profits using this or any roulette winning strategy scheme are not guaranteed.
To reiterate, because the game’s probabilities renew themselves with each spin, neither of the above schemes work well over time. At best, a player may experience a “hot streak” and earn a fair sum of money. At worst, a player could suffer tremendous losses by employing an online roulette strategy with no real advantage and holding to it loss after loss.
In summary, remember the following roulette strategies and you will soon win online roulette games as often as those who have spent their lives studying the game. Best of luck and enjoy your time at the wheel!
- The setup on a European wheel affords you better opportunities because it has only one 0. Nearly every online casinooffers this choice.
- Seek out casinos that extend the “Surrender” or “En Prison” rules to help cut down your losses if a zero appears on your spins.
- Placing your bets on even money selections is the soundest manner in which to play.
- You could risk a lot and bet on that lucky number, but don’t lay it all your chips down unless it won’t hurt you to lose them.
- Study and prepare a bankroll management plan by determining how much money you can afford to lose and when to call it quits. Reserve a part of your profits and decide not to play roulettewith that amount any longer. Make these decisions in advance of playing.