Anymore there are countless forms of online payment methods for people to use. Of course, there are your standard ones, such as credit cards, PayPal and TransferWise, among others. In addition to these larger companies, there are also the different regional or country-specific payment methods, such as Venmo or a simple bank transfer. Unfortunately, even though there are so many forms of payments, they aren’t always all accepted methods when it comes to online or mobile gambling.
Unfortunately for those who use online casinos in the UK, due to some fairly recent gambling regulations implemented by the UK Gambling Commission, you can no longer use your credit card as a form of payment. This simply means you can no longer link your player account to a credit card and use it as a valid form of payment. Since you aren’t able to pay with your credit card, you need to find an alternative way to fill up your accounts and make deposits. So how does one go about doing that? Are there any, or many, options for topping up your account without using a credit card?
The quick answer is yes, there is a solution! Thankfully, it’s actually an easy and accessible method of payment too. Instead of paying directly via credit card, you can actually link your player account to your phone bill through a service called Boku.Advertising Disclosure
|Casino Site||Welcome Bonus||Casino Games||Rating||Play Now|
Play £10 Get £10 Bonus + 30 Free Spins
All Games 240+
|Get Bonus Virgin Casino Review Virgin Casino|
|18+. First Deposit Only. Wagering and Withdrawal limitations apply and vary by game. Click here for the offer’s full terms and conditions. Play Responsibly!|
100% up to £100 + 100 Free Spins
All Games 1000+
|Get Bonus Aspers Casino Review Aspers Casino|
New players only. Min deposit £20, Max bonus £100. 40x WR, 100 Free Spins - 10 batches of 10 Free Spins Daily - No WR - Max Win £10 per batch. T&Cs Apply 18+
Deposit and Bet £10 and get £50 bonus + 100 Free Spins
All Games 250+
|Get Bonus Paddy Power Casino Review Paddy Power Casino|
|New Customers from UK & IRL only. Deposits made with e-wallets are not valid for this promo. Bonus wagering x35 on eligible games. Winnings from bonus capped at £500. Spins available after bonus is redeemed/lost. Opt-in required. Full T&C’s apply.|
100% Up To £300 + 50 Free Spins
All Games 380+
|Get Bonus TonyBet Casino Review TonyBet Casino|
New Players Only. Full Terms Apply. 18+ T&C Apply
100% up to £500 + 50 Bonus Spins
All Games 500+
|Get Bonus Casimba Casino Review Casimba Casino|
|New customers only. 18+ T&Cs and wagering requirements apply.|
Play £10 Get 30 Free Spins
All Games 120+
|Get Bonus Rainbow Riches Casino Review Rainbow Riches Casino|
|New members only, must opt in. Min £10 deposit & wager. 30 day expiry from deposit.18+. Free Spins: on Rainbow Riches. 1p coin size, max lines. Bingo: Advertised ticket value based on £1 tickets. Game availability & restrictions apply. **£10 lifetime deposit for Daily Free Game.|
200% up to £200
All Games 1500+
|Get Bonus Wink Slots Casino Review Wink Slots Casino|
|New players only. Min deposit £10 with code RICHES to get 200% Bonus (max £200). Bonus wins capped at £400 exc. jp. wins. To withdraw games bonus & related wins, wager 30x the amount of bonus. Wagering req. vary by game. Deposit balance can be withdrawn at any time. Withdrawal restrictions & Full T&C’s apply.|
Spend £10 Get 50 Free Spins
All Games 300+
|Get Bonus Poker Stars Casino Review Poker Stars Casino|
Verified new casino accounts only. Bonus issued after verification; 7-day expiry; 50 redemption points required. Slots only, game contributions vary. £100 max win. Terms apply.
200% up to £500 Promocode - TUKC
All Games 270+
|Get Bonus 777 Casino Review 777 Casino|
|Make your 1st deposit with code TUKC and we’ll match it INSTANTLY with 200% up to €500 FreePlay on top Jackpots, Roulette & Blackjack games!|
Deposit & Bet £10 and Get £30 Bonus + 100 Free Spins
All Games 600
|Get Bonus Betfair Casino Review Betfair Casino|
|New UK&IRL Customers Only. Min Deposit £10 . Deposits made by e-wallets are not valid. Bonus wagering x35 on eligible games. Winnings from bonus capped at £500 . £5 Max Stake On Bonus. Spins available after bonus redeemed/lost. Spins value 0.10p. Opt In required. Full T&C's apply|
What Is Boku?
Boku is a third-party service that aids UK gamblers in topping up their player accounts for mobile casinos. Without the ability to pay with credit cards, Boku fills the need and helps players get around this issue fairly easily. Instead of paying directly through the credit card, Boku links the players online account to their phone bill. This way, you can deposit money either into your prepaid phone account or pay for your deposits when you pay your monthly phone bill. Depending on your mobile provider, you will pay for these deposits at different times in the month.
“But what if I don’t want to have a third-party involved?”
Even though it’s another third-party platform, Boku isn’t like the other ones that are commonly used in the online gambling world. It’s non-invasive and there’s no app download required to use it. All you need to do is provide Boku with your phone number and, ta-dah, you’re all set. This method is great too because you can also easily decide how frequently (or infrequently) you would like to deposit money into your player account.
We get it, not everyone wants to keep track of another eWallet or deal with fees that are usually associated with most other third-party payment portals. So, the good news is that you can easily keep track of your mobile deposits through your phone provider. Making deposits with Boku is extremely quick and easy as you can fill up your account just as long as you have your phone on you. Once you deposit your money, you will receive a message from Boku, validating that you are the one who has made the deposit. Almost immediately after you verify your deposit, your money shows up and you can resume playing.
So What is a Boku Casino?
Boku casinos are any online casinos that allow you to use Boku as a form of payment. If this is your preferred method of payment, you’re definitely in luck. At the moment, there is a wide selection of Boku casinos you can play with. In order to ensure you are actually playing with a certified Boku casino, when looking for a casino on your mobile gaming app, you can add the filters ‘Boku casinos’ or ‘New Boku casinos’. This way, any and all non-Boku casinos will be removed from your potential selection. There are also more Boku casinos popping up every day too, so be sure to follow check with your mobile provider and your favorite casinos for the latest information and updates on Boku casinos.
Boku casinos also tend to specialise in slot games. Slots are one of the most popular gambling games in the UK. Since Boku casinos are primarily on mobile apps only, they tend to be mostly slot games. Slots are probably one of the easiest games to play on your phone since you just need to press one button to play. Of course there are other games offered, but slots are simply the most convenient.
If you enjoy playing slots, Boku casinos are definitely the best for you. When you play slots with Boku, you actually have access to all of the casino’s slots. This gives you an endless selection to choose from.
Because there is a large selection of Boku casinos, the competition is high, which is very beneficial for the players. Not only do you have a vast game selection, but also many of these casinos offer bonuses to players if they choose their casinos. Here are some of the top-rated Boku casinos, based on their first-time player bonuses:
- BetFred Casino: This mobile casino specialises in sports betting and slots. For first time slot players, they’re currently offering 10 free spins with no wager required! New players are required to make a minimum deposit of £10.
- Yeti Casino: This site has hundreds of different games for you to play, from slots to video poker. When you open an account with them, you’re eligible for a 100% match bonus of up to £111 plus 77 free spins. To get these bonuses, you must first deposit £10 with Boku and you must wager 60 times your initial bet.
- RedSpins: Another top-notch UK-based online casino; if you play with RedSpins you can get up to 300 free spins with your initial deposit of £10! The wagering requirements for are 30 times the initial bet.
- Slots Devil Casino: Want to play at one of the UK’s hottest online casinos? At Slots Devil Casino, you have the option to play dozens of different slot games you can play. Playing with them can get you 10 free spins and a 100% match deposit bonus of up to £10! But wait that’s not all – you will also receive 10 free spins with the NetEnt classic slot game, Starburst! It would be sinful to miss out on a deal this good.
- Sloty Casino: A popular Boku casino that came online in 2017, Sloty Casino has no shortage of games for you. With every slot game you can dream of, when you sign up with Sloty you also receive a heavenly reward: a 100% match bonus of up to £100 as well as 300 free spins! You can also get another additional 300 free spins to any of the following four games as well: Starburst, Gonzo’s Quest, Red Riding Hood, or Aloha. What are you waiting for? Sign up and play today!
Keep in mind that these casinos are ranked due to their affiliation with Boku. Clearly these aren’t the only casinos available, so be sure to check them and other Boku casinos out for your chance to win free spins and free money!
Making a Deposit:
Making a deposit with Boku is super easy; it’s only a 4-step process (if you can even call it that).
- First, you need to pick your preferred casino. When doing this, make sure to filter your options to only show the casinos where Boku is accepted.
- When selecting your payment method, be sure to choose your phone bill as your preferred choice.
- You will then go to a secured page, where you will enter the desired deposit amount. Remember, you can only deposit £10 at a time and can only deposit no more than £30 in a day.
- After you make the transaction, Boku will send you a verification message. This message is done for security reasons. By making you provide a code that is linked to your phone number, you reduce the chance of someone else getting into your Boku account.
After you confirm the transaction, you’re all done! Piece of cake, right? This is great because it’s easy and the money is instantly accessible in your account once you confirm the deposit. No annoying waiting periods or fees to worry about.
Tips for Boku Casinos:
Here is some additional helpful information that you be aware of before using Boku:
- Boku casinos aren’t for intense gamblers or high rollers. In these casinos, you are only able to deposit £10 at a time and can only deposit £30 a day. Be sure to keep that in mind before playing.
- Since not all casinos accept Boku, be sure to check yours before you play. Like previously mentioned, you can filter your search for these special casinos in your mobile app search bar. You can search for ‘Boku Casinos’, ‘New Boku Casinos’, and ‘Bonuses on Boku sites’. Each of these filters will give you different results, so be sure to look around a bit before deciding.
- If you’re interested in getting bonuses just for signing up, pay special attention to the ‘Bonuses on Boku sites’. To attract players, many of these casino offers you can’t refuse. From 100% match bonuses to free spins (as many as up to 300 in some cases), it pays to pay attention to these.
- Anyone 18 years and older is eligible to use it! 18 is the legal gambling age in the UK, so as long as you are of age and have a phone, you’re able to use Boku as your method of payment.
- If you’re not sure about a casino, you can read the comments and reviews left by other players and gambling experts! This way you can get a more accurate idea of the casino. Bojoko is a great resource for that, as they also have up-to-date reviews and information regarding all Boku casinos.
- New Boku casinos are opening up constantly! You will never run out of new games or new casinos to play with. Again, check out gambling websites, like GamblingCity for news about the newest Boku casinos.
Having an issue? Reach out to Boku’s customer service agents! These operators are highly trained and are able to troubleshoot any issue you may be having. They’re extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful, so don’t hesitate to contact them if you need to!
Are Boku Casinos Right for You?
Still not sure if playing at a Boku casino is right for you? Here we have outlined some of the pros and cons of using Boku as a payment method.
- It’s extremely easy! Since it’s connected to your phone bill, all you need is a phone number to access your account. And since most people are on their phones all day anyways, it’s a convenient way to pay and play right away. On the same note, since it is so easy and convenient, it’s one of the top ways that you can pay to play in the UK!
- Not only is it easy, but also since it’s connected to your phone, it’s accessible all the time! If you do happen to have some issues though, Boku’s customer services agents are always there to help you.
- You can also easily keep track of your spending too since you will be seeing it on your phone bill every month.
- There is a wide variety of online casinos that accept Boku as a credible form of payment. Knowing that there is a large selection of casinos to choose from is always comforting for new players. Having hundreds of options to choose from also means that there are also several different games you can play.
- It’s a great, low-risk way to keep yourself entertained. Since all you need is your phone number to top-up, you can do it anytime and anywhere as long as you have your phone with you! Having the limits of £10 per deposit and only £30 a day, you can manage your spending fairly easily, compared to other casinos.
- It’s usually free! It doesn’t cost you any more to deposit money into your account or into your phone bill. Not having to worry about these additional costs allows you to play with ease and relax a bit more. While the service itself is free, since you receive a text message to verify your transactions, you may be charged a fee by your phone company for the SMS itself. Since this is the case, be sure to check with your service provider if you are unsure about your SMS fees.
- You’re able to review your experience with your casinos. Just like most services now, you can write your own review for Boku casinos who you have played with. This will help other future players and experts get an accurate read on different casinos and therefore choose the casino that you believe best suits you.
Even though those are some great reasons to use Boku, there are some clear disadvantages too that you should keep in mind.
- Since it is fairly new, there are many unknown things about Boku. While it’s still currently allowed in the UK, be sure to always keep an eye out for potential new restrictions that might be put in place.
- Not all online casinos take Boku, so before depositing money into your account, be sure to check and make sure the casino you are wanting to play with accepts Boku.
- While you can deposit money into your account, you can’t withdraw your money using Boku at this time. Since it’s connected to your phone bill, you have to use a different form of payment to collect your money. This is rather inconvenient, but still be sure to take note of it.
- Even though there are other games available, Boku casinos specialise in slots.
- Boku casinos aren’t for you if you consider yourself a high roller. While this is great for the occasional gambler, or those who prefer to limit their spendings, it’s the opposite for people who like to play with high stakes. You can only deposit up to £30 a day, so if you prefer to play with the possibility of higher earnings, you
Clearly there are some benefits and disadvantages to playing with Boku casinos. Before playing, be sure to carefully weigh the pros and cons of Boku casinos to ensure it’s the best method for you. If not, that’s alright, as there are still other methods you can use.
Boku Live Casinos
Still not sure if Boku casinos are your thing? Do you prefer to play with others or against a dealer? If so, then don’t give up hope on Boku casinos just yet! You’re not alone if you prefer playing against others and Boku casinos know that. Currently, there are 37 casinos that offer live games.
- Hyper Casino: A high-energy and fun atmosphere, Hyper Casino has plenty of live games. From blackjack to roulette, you can find it all and more. For first time users, you will get a 100% match bonus of up to £100 plus 33 free spins with your initial deposit of £10.
- Casino Gods: This Malta-based company works with the UK Gambling Commision to offer a wide array of all games. Because of this, Casino Gods is a great choice for any online gambler. With dozens of live games to play, you will surely find one to test your luck with. You will receive a ‘divine welcome’ when you sign up with this site. You will receive a 100% match bonus of up to £100 and 300 free spins with select slot games. Are you willing to play against the gods?
- All British Casino: Looking for the true British experience? Look no further than the All British Casino! Specialising in different variations of Baccarat, the All British Casino has all you could want. First time players get a 100% match bonus of up to £100 and 10% cashback.
If you’re used to paying with a credit card but need to find a new alternative form of payment, Boku could be a good option for you. If so, welcome aboard! If not, not a problem. We want all of our players to feel comfortable, so use the method of payment that makes you feel the most ease when playing.
Either way, if you’d like to stay up-to-date on all of the requirements, rules, and new Boku casinos, be sure to sign up for the Bojoko emailing list. They always provide the most current information regarding all Boku casinos.