Online casinos have become increasingly popular within the past two decades. Interest in them has particularly grown in the UK with hundreds of online casinos to choose from now. Online casinos are a great time, convenient, and easy to use, however, if you’re considering becoming a member online, there are some things you need to know before doing so.
Perhaps the most important component you should keep in mind is how you’d like to deposit and withdraw your money. While this isn’t as big of a concern at land-casinos, it’s a big deal at online casinos. Last year, the UKGC, or the United Kingdom Gambling Commission, banned the use of credit cards as a valid payment method when online gambling. How can you play now? This was one of, if not the most, convenient way to pay and play online. What other online payment services can we use now?Advertising Disclosure
|Casino Site||Welcome Bonus||Casino Games||Rating||Play Now|
Play £10 Get £10 Bonus + 30 Free Spins
All Games 240+
|Get Bonus Virgin Casino Review Virgin Casino|
|18+. First Deposit Only. Wagering and Withdrawal limitations apply and vary by game. Click here for the offer’s full terms and conditions. Play Responsibly!|
100% up to £100 + 100 Free Spins
All Games 1000+
|Get Bonus Aspers Casino Review Aspers Casino|
New players only. Min deposit £20, Max bonus £100. 40x WR, 100 Free Spins - 10 batches of 10 Free Spins Daily - No WR - Max Win £10 per batch. T&Cs Apply 18+
Deposit and Bet £10 and get £50 bonus + 100 Free Spins
All Games 250+
|Get Bonus Paddy Power Casino Review Paddy Power Casino|
|New Customers from UK & IRL only. Deposits made with e-wallets are not valid for this promo. Bonus wagering x35 on eligible games. Winnings from bonus capped at £500. Spins available after bonus is redeemed/lost. Opt-in required. Full T&C’s apply.|
100% Up To £300 + 50 Free Spins
All Games 380+
|Get Bonus TonyBet Casino Review TonyBet Casino|
New Players Only. Full Terms Apply. 18+ T&C Apply
100% up to £500 + 50 Bonus Spins
All Games 500+
|Get Bonus Casimba Casino Review Casimba Casino|
|New customers only. 18+ T&Cs and wagering requirements apply.|
Play £10 Get 30 Free Spins
All Games 120+
|Get Bonus Rainbow Riches Casino Review Rainbow Riches Casino|
|New members only, must opt in. Min £10 deposit & wager. 30 day expiry from deposit.18+. Free Spins: on Rainbow Riches. 1p coin size, max lines. Bingo: Advertised ticket value based on £1 tickets. Game availability & restrictions apply. **£10 lifetime deposit for Daily Free Game.|
200% up to £200
All Games 1500+
|Get Bonus Wink Slots Casino Review Wink Slots Casino|
|New players only. Min deposit £10 with code RICHES to get 200% Bonus (max £200). Bonus wins capped at £400 exc. jp. wins. To withdraw games bonus & related wins, wager 30x the amount of bonus. Wagering req. vary by game. Deposit balance can be withdrawn at any time. Withdrawal restrictions & Full T&C’s apply.|
Spend £10 Get 50 Free Spins
All Games 300+
|Get Bonus Poker Stars Casino Review Poker Stars Casino|
Verified new casino accounts only. Bonus issued after verification; 7-day expiry; 50 redemption points required. Slots only, game contributions vary. £100 max win. Terms apply.
200% up to £500 Promocode - TUKC
All Games 270+
|Get Bonus 777 Casino Review 777 Casino|
|Make your 1st deposit with code TUKC and we’ll match it INSTANTLY with 200% up to €500 FreePlay on top Jackpots, Roulette & Blackjack games!|
Deposit & Bet £10 and Get £30 Bonus + 100 Free Spins
All Games 600
|Get Bonus Betfair Casino Review Betfair Casino|
|New UK&IRL Customers Only. Min Deposit £10 . Deposits made by e-wallets are not valid. Bonus wagering x35 on eligible games. Winnings from bonus capped at £500 . £5 Max Stake On Bonus. Spins available after bonus redeemed/lost. Spins value 0.10p. Opt In required. Full T&C's apply|
Thankfully, you’re not out of options. Actually, quite the opposite. When it comes to online casinos, there are a few different ways you can go about accessing your account. Your account is where you deposit and withdraw money from, so it’s important you know how to claim the money you’ve won. Some of the popular options are debit cards, eWallet accounts, payments through mobile phone bills and more. These all have their pros and cons, especially when it comes to ease.
A newer payment method that has begun being used and accepted in many online casinos is PayPal. This internationally-recognized payment platform is a great alternative to paying with credit cards, as it has many advantages.
What Is PayPal? How Does It Work?
PayPal, is an American company that is used around the world to send and receive money transfers. It can be used both for personal use (i.e sending money to your friends), or for business purposes (i.e sending invoices). Regardless of which avenue you’re using it for, it’s a very intuitive, user-friendly site. Not only can you use it on a computer, but their mobile app is just as fantastic and allows you to manage your money on the go.
Just like any other online banking platform, in your PayPal account, you have your wallet. You can both add funds and withdraw from your wallet as well, depending on how much you like to play. Since PayPal is a third-party provider, these processes do take some time (usually between one and three days), so be sure to plan accordingly!
Due to its user friendliness, among other things, many casinos have begun adopting this platform as a viable form of payment. Because it is so widely accepted now, new PayPal casinos are popping up every day.
Is PayPal Right for Me?
Like all things, there are definite pros and cons when it comes to using PayPal when paying at a casino. Here is a short list, highlighting reasons why you could love or hate using PayPal:
- It’s very easy to use and is compatible with mobile devices, regardless of the software (iOS or Android).
- It can be used with several different currencies, and even convert currencies for you.
- Being an international company, PayPal is reliable, trustworthy, and secure. When using their services, you won’t have to worry about losing any of your important details to hackers.
- Withdrawals aren’t instant – typically taking anywhere between one and four days.
- Can have fees associated with withdrawals. Thankfully, online casino withdrawals are usually exempt from this, however, not always.
- It’s not accepted everywhere at this time. While this continues to change, it can still be an annoying inconvenience at this time.
With these reasons and depending on why you’re wanting to use PayPal, it can either may or may not be the perfect service for you. If it is, that’s wonderful, welcome aboard! If it’s not at this time, be sure to check in on it from time to time. As a growing company, PayPal continues to change, making things easier for their users.
How to Set-up an Account:
Getting your PayPal account setup is an extremely easy and user-friendly process. And no matter where you are in the world, the process is the same. While PayPal is allowed in the UK and many other places, it’s not permitted in some other countries, so if you’re not currently in the UK, be sure to research any potential restrictions that you may come across.
In case you’d like to begin using this service, here is a step-by-step process on how to set up an account with PayPal:
- First, decide if this account will be Business or Personal. Since the Business account is for issuing invoices and selling things, choose Personal. These accounts are for buying, sending or spending money and are linked to your primary bank account.
- After you choose your account preference, you’ll plug in all of your other basic information. In this section, they require your first and last name, as well as your complete address. For the address, it should be the one that is connected to your bank (your billing or permanent address).
- In this section, you will also need to come up with a password. While most people use the same password for most of their accounts, it’s advisable to use a completely new and different one for your PayPal account. This is always a good idea in case of theft or if you lose your phone – you wouldn’t want anyone other than yourself to be able to access your money.
- Next, you need to provide a phone number. While giving this information can be tedious and annoying, it’s very important to the account. Having your phone number attached to your account is important for security reasons, as it helps reduce the chance of someone else hacking into your account.
- In addition to your phone number, you will also need to plug in your email address. Again, having to provide all of this information can deter people from using the service, however, it’s a necessary evil. Having both your phone number and email address are both great fail-safes to have. You also need your email address because at every login page, the email address entry is required. This, along with your new password, are the only two pieces of information you need to login to your account.
- The last step in the setup process is to link your card. This is a simple step, so be sure to choose whichever account is most convenient for you.
- Another bonus of using PayPal is that it accepts all types of currency and allows you to choose the currency you’d like to send and/or recieve. Even though people usually choose their home country’s currency, it’s nice to know that no matter who you’re paying, or who you’re getting money from, you will be able to send them the correct currency, no matter what.
Finally, now that you’ve created your account, be sure to validate it. Simply check your email inbox and click the link that PayPal sent you and, voila! You’re all set and ready to use their services.
Different Types of Casinos:
With online casinos gaining popularity, there is a higher demand for more variations, features, and niche casinos under the ‘online casino’ umbrella. Some of these markets include: live casinos, PayPal casinos, and mobile app casinos, just to name some of the more popular ones.
Since we have already mentioned PayPal casinos, here is some more information about the other ones mentioned:
- Live Casinos: Even though online casinos are great, there’s nothing quite like gambling in a casino. The environment is unparalleled with the high-energy levels, the spectacles, and the sheer thrill of winning big. This simply can’t be found anywhere else. Also, many gamblers love the thrill and challenge of playing against others, which just isn’t the same in many online casinos. So, to give players a taste of being in a casino, some UK online casinos are offering to host ‘live’ casinos.
- If you’re looking for great live casinos, these are some of the top online casinos who offer them:
This is essentially just live-streaming the game, as you would a webinar or a Zoom meeting. Since it’s live, you’re actually playing against other real players and a dealer, which increases the stakes for many players.
- Mobile: One of the wonderful things about online casinos is that you can play them basically anywhere. However, sometimes their webpages don’t translate well to your mobile phone page, making it difficult to play games. In order to combat this, many online casinos have begun their own mobile apps. These are great for players who aren’t always next to their desktop but want to relax and enjoy some games.
At the moment, not all casinos offer a mobile app, and if they do, they may not be compatible with all phones/softwares. Since this is the case, be sure to check the casino’s desktop version or your appropriate App store to see if your phone can support one of these applications.
- If you know that mobile gaming is up your alley, look no further. Here are some of the best mobile apps for online casinos:
- Play OJO
Top Online PayPal Casinos:
Here is a short list of the top 10 online casinos who accept PayPal. Luckily for players, accepting PayPal isn’t the only perk of these casinos. The casinos listed below are not ranked in any particular order. Each one has its own unique flare and features. If you need some assistance finding a casino that accepts PayPal, be sure to check out these casinos and see what they have to offer:
- 888Casino: Being in service for 23 years, 888Casino is a top-of-the-line establishment. Since they’ve been around longer than many other online casinos, they know how to treat their customers and offer them the best deals and games. Primarily known for their slot collection, you can find any kind of game at 888Casino.
- Thanks to their flexibility and willingness to keep up with current trends, 888Casino is able to provide high class service. One of the ways it has kept with the times is by allowing PayPal to be accepted.
- Think that this top-rated casino is the one for you? If you play with them, and double your first deposit, you’re eligible to get up to $200 as a welcome bonus. Be sure to check them out!
- William Hill Casino: Rivaling the 888Casino, the William Hill Casino is another long-standing and acclaimed online casino. Most known for its enormous collection of slot games, you can also enjoy online poker or dabble in betting as well. On top of these already fun games, players also have many chances to win extra big and hit the jackpot when they play too! The possibilities at William Hill are truly endless. New players here will receive a 100% buy in bonus when they make their first deposit, as well as 50 free spins!
- 777 Casino: Even though it’s a fairly new site, the 777 Casino definitely holds its own. Since being a daughter company of the 888Casino, the 777 is well-equipped with a large and diverse collection of games. While it does have a great game selection, the 777 is actually most well-known for it’s bonuses.
- With competitive waging limits, you’re also able to enjoy this casino without always placing a deposit. Having these incentives are fantastic for players and helps them retain their community. At the moment, 777 is offering a wild bonus: 77 free spins without a deposit and get up to £200 to play with after your first deposit!
- Mansion Casino: Being elected as the official sponsor for the Tottenham Hotspurs, the Mansion Casino has more to offer than just it’s logo. Since being a popular casino for several years now, this casino is well-known for it’s live game experiences, it’s user-friendly interface, and impeccable customer service. With a large selection of live suites, you can pick your game, whether that’s roulette, blackjack, poker, or another game! To give their first time users a warm welcome, Mansion Casino gives players 10% cashback, as well as the chance to win up to £500!
- LeoVegas: Despite being relatively new to the online casino game, LeoVegas has quickly overcome this hurdle and is one of the best online casinos there is. Offering over 900 games, this casino has everything a player wants. Not only does it have an extensive selection, but also the games offered are some of the best there are! For example, when visiting their site, you can play the top-rated slot game, the most popular table game, and much more!
- And that’s not all! LeoVegas is also known for its user-friendly mobile app. This app, along with the ability to use PayPal, puts LeoVegas way ahead of the competition. Join now and get 10 free spins with no deposit!
- BetVictor: Winning the title of ‘Best Online Casino’, BetVictor is a player’s paradise. With one of the largest collections of games in the online casino world, BetVictor definitely has something for every player. No matter the game, where you’re playing, or how often you play, this is a great choice for every kind of player. And with an enticing welcome bonus, BetVictor offers new players £70 and 50 free spins with only a £10 deposit!
- Ladbrokes Casino: Looking for a top-notch place to bet? Look no further than Ladbrokes Casino! Even though they are known as one of the best places to bet in the UK, this casino doesn’t stop there. In addition to their gambling possibilities, they also have a large array of games to choose from. By offering live casinos, slot games, and more than a dozen video poker games, Ladbrokers is a great choice for players who want a bit of diversity. As a welcome to their new players, you can win £50 when you bet just £10.
- Grosvenor Casinos: One of the most well-known casinos, the Grosvenor Casino has been open since 1966. This of course wasn’t an online casino, but rather a land-casino. With more than fifty locations, this large chain has since begun to dip it’s toes into the online casino world, and player’s are far from disappointed. Since having such great success in their land-casinos, Grosvenor has transferred it’s high-rated reputation into it’s online casino.
- Members of this casino can enjoy hundreds of games, primarily slot games. In addition, they offer very high payout rates and the option of playing live casino games, which isn’t always guaranteed by other online casinos. Interested in joining? Right now, first time users will receive £50 when they deposit £20.
- BetWay Casino: Having a 4.7/5 average rating, you will not be disappointed when you play with BetWat Casino. Whether you’re looking to bet, play poker, blackjack, or another classic casino game, BetWay has you covered. This casino is a jack-of-all-trades with it’s large game library. On top of that, they have a stellar loyalty program for their members. Sound like your kind of casino?
- Play OJO: Since going live in 2017, Play OJO Casino has continuously worked to better it’s site and has some of the best features possible for an online casino. Due to this, they are well-known for multiple different reasons. At the moment, one of the most prominent reasons is because they accept PayPal. They’re not just known for this either; in fact they were actually named ‘The Best New PayPal Casino in the UK’, which is no easy feat.
- In addition to this great feature, Play OJO currently has one of the best mobile apps available. It seems like no matter what you’re looking for, Play OJO has something for you. Sign up now and get 50 free spins with your first deposit.
Again, these casinos have been chosen for this list because of their willingness to accept PayPal as a valid form of payment. They aren’t the only ones who do though, so be sure to stay on the lookout for other casinos who might.
Best of the Best:
Of course the above list are the best online PayPal casinos, but how do we know that? This isn’t some randomly generated list, so what factors go into choosing these casinos? When deciding which ones would make the list, there is a list of eight factors that we keep in mind.
- Licencing: We never want to recommend a casino that isn’t approved and regulated by the UKGC, so that’s one of the first things we check. Never trust a casino that isn’t approved or regulated by the UKGC or one of its affiliates. If it’s not, then the website is most likely illegal and could potentially steal money from you.
- Security & Encryption: Something else that is just as important as the site’s licencing, is their security. No one wants to worry about whether or not their information will be stolen on a site, so only recommend sites who have the highest standards when it comes to security. The site should be encrypted with high-performance, data-securing software to ensure users don’t have anything to worry about.
- Game Selection: Having an extensive game library is a very important aspect of casinos. Making sure players have enough options should always be a top priority, as you don’t want them to get bored at a casino, as that reflects poorly on your judgement.
- Mobile Apps: People are busy and are constantly on their phones. Because of this, you want a casino that either has a mobile app or one who’s desktop version is compatible on a mobile browser.
- Payment Limits: While payment limits are always a component of gambling, some casinos offer better limits. When finding the best online casinos it’s important to keep the maximum and minimum limits, as well as the amount required for both deposits and withdrawals, in mind. The above casinos all offer transparent payout limits. This way you can compare casinos and choose the one with the best range for you.
- Customer Care: A big part of any business is their customer support. It’s no different when it comes to online casinos. In fact, it’s arguably more important, since people are dealing with their own money. With this being the reality, we are only recommending sites that offer top-of-the-line customer service. The customer service agents at these established casinos are well-trained and are highly capable of troubleshooting any and and all problems you may encounter while on their site.
- Transaction Fees: As we mentioned earlier, since PayPal is a third-party provider, it usually has fees associated with it. While this can be the case, sometimes online casinos waive the transaction fee. This means you won’t have to worry about a percentage of your winnings being taken out when you try and withdraw your money.
- Bonus Opportunities: Who doesn’t love a good bonus? Since playing with bonuses and earning rewards is always something players look for, it’s crucial to find and recommend casinos who offer the best deals and welcome packages.
Not only do these casinos offer unbeatable deals, but also some of them offer exclusive members only deals and VIP offerings. These types of casinos are hugely popular and more and more casinos are beginning to jump on board with similar offerings. In the above list though, we have gone through and chosen the best ones that are currently available.
Not being able to use credit cards is a hindrance for many online gamblers in the UK. While it is annoying, it’s the law and there’s not much we can do about it. Thankfully for players, there are more options at their disposal.
Even though utilising a PayPal account helps players reap the rewards from the casinos, not everyone will want to use it. This is, of course, completely fine, as we want our players to feel comfortable and use whatever payment platform they prefer. If you’re not comfortable working with PaylPal, there are still some great alternatives.
Other eWallet services are on par with PayPal in many aspects, so before completely disregarding PayPal, be sure to analyse the pros and cons. Who knows, maybe making the switch to PayPal could help you make more money!