When you’re gambling, your goal is to win money. Of course, you are also playing to have fun and enjoy yourself, but ultimately, you want to win more money than you came with. To win the most money, you need to have a high payout. How do you know which casinos offer the best payouts? Furthermore, how do you know which games have the best odds for a high payout?
What is a Payout?
Before we first try and find out the best online casinos for payouts, let’s talk about what a payout is. Basically, a payout is fancy gambling terminology that refers to the money that a player wins in a bet. This money includes both the player’s initial bet (also known as a wager) and the additional money they have won from the game.
Figuring out how to calculate your potential payout is also very easy. All you have to do is multiply the stakes (or your deposit) by the odds of the bet. Knowing this simple ‘formula’ can help you make the best bets. Payouts are an important part of gambling that you should pay attention to, no matter if you’re playing at a land-casino or an online one. Be sure to keep in mind when calculating, that this number is simply theoretical. There are some factors that can alter the actual outcome, so the number remains theoretical until the money actually hits your account.Advertising Disclosure
|Casino Site||Welcome Bonus||Casino Games||Rating||Play Now|
Play £10 Get £10 Bonus + 30 Free Spins
All Games 240+
|Get Bonus Virgin Casino Review Virgin Casino|
|18+. First Deposit Only. Wagering and Withdrawal limitations apply and vary by game. Click here for the offer’s full terms and conditions. Play Responsibly!|
100% up to £100 + 100 Free Spins
All Games 1000+
|Get Bonus Aspers Casino Review Aspers Casino|
New players only. Min deposit £20, Max bonus £100. 40x WR, 100 Free Spins - 10 batches of 10 Free Spins Daily - No WR - Max Win £10 per batch. T&Cs Apply 18+
Deposit and Bet £10 and get £50 bonus + 100 Free Spins
All Games 250+
|Get Bonus Paddy Power Casino Review Paddy Power Casino|
|New Customers from UK & IRL only. Deposits made with e-wallets are not valid for this promo. Bonus wagering x35 on eligible games. Winnings from bonus capped at £500. Spins available after bonus is redeemed/lost. Opt-in required. Full T&C’s apply.|
100% Up To £300 + 50 Free Spins
All Games 380+
|Get Bonus TonyBet Casino Review TonyBet Casino|
New Players Only. Full Terms Apply. 18+ T&C Apply
100% up to £500 + 50 Bonus Spins
All Games 500+
|Get Bonus Casimba Casino Review Casimba Casino|
|New customers only. 18+ T&Cs and wagering requirements apply.|
Play £10 Get 30 Free Spins
All Games 120+
|Get Bonus Rainbow Riches Casino Review Rainbow Riches Casino|
|New members only, must opt in. Min £10 deposit & wager. 30 day expiry from deposit.18+. Free Spins: on Rainbow Riches. 1p coin size, max lines. Bingo: Advertised ticket value based on £1 tickets. Game availability & restrictions apply. **£10 lifetime deposit for Daily Free Game.|
200% up to £200
All Games 1500+
|Get Bonus Wink Slots Casino Review Wink Slots Casino|
|New players only. Min deposit £10 with code RICHES to get 200% Bonus (max £200). Bonus wins capped at £400 exc. jp. wins. To withdraw games bonus & related wins, wager 30x the amount of bonus. Wagering req. vary by game. Deposit balance can be withdrawn at any time. Withdrawal restrictions & Full T&C’s apply.|
Spend £10 Get 50 Free Spins
All Games 300+
|Get Bonus Poker Stars Casino Review Poker Stars Casino|
Verified new casino accounts only. Bonus issued after verification; 7-day expiry; 50 redemption points required. Slots only, game contributions vary. £100 max win. Terms apply.
200% up to £500 Promocode - TUKC
All Games 270+
|Get Bonus 777 Casino Review 777 Casino|
|Make your 1st deposit with code TUKC and we’ll match it INSTANTLY with 200% up to €500 FreePlay on top Jackpots, Roulette & Blackjack games!|
Deposit & Bet £10 and Get £30 Bonus + 100 Free Spins
All Games 600
|Get Bonus Betfair Casino Review Betfair Casino|
|New UK&IRL Customers Only. Min Deposit £10 . Deposits made by e-wallets are not valid. Bonus wagering x35 on eligible games. Winnings from bonus capped at £500 . £5 Max Stake On Bonus. Spins available after bonus redeemed/lost. Spins value 0.10p. Opt In required. Full T&C's apply|
House Edge, RTPs & Payouts:
There are several different terms that come into play with payouts and they can be tricky to keep separated if you’re a novice gambler. However, once you have a basic understanding of their definitions and the roles they play in games, you won’t have any issues. Here is a breakdown of the basic definitions of these factors:
- House edge: Also sometimes known as the casino advantage, this is something that every player should be aware of. The house edge is the advantage that the game has over the player and can dictate how large the payout is for the player. Regardless of the game or type of casino you play with, the house edge is there. The house edge isn’t set up by the casino itself, rather it’s set by the game’s software provider. Some games have a higher house edge, which is not good for the player, as it means they could receive less money.
- RTP: RTP stands for Return To Player and it’s the percentage of money that you (the player) can potentially get back in the long run. Basically, this is the opposite of the house edge. This varies depending on the game and the casino, but it’s important to keep in mind as you always want the most money possible.
- Payouts: Since we have already defined what a payout and the different factors that contribute to it, we can get a better picture of how to get the best results as the players. In order to get the most out of your money, always be sure to play games with a higher RTP rate. Thankfully, all games have their RTP information readily available thanks to the hard work of third-party agencies. So, if you’re not sure, just click on the game information and find out, it’s well worth it.
Checking the RTP rate information is crucial because the house edge and RTP rates differ based on a few factors. These factors include the game being played and the wagers involved.
If you’re interested in finding the information regarding a game’s payout, be sure to check out one of these great online agencies:
- iTech Labs: Founded in 2004, iTech Labs is an international leader in the field of online gaming inspection and certification provider. Having worked across three continents, iTech Labs has great experience that can and will help you find the more reliable games.
- eCOGRA: Established in 2003, eCOGRA is one of the top inspection agencies for online gaming. eCOGRA, or eCommerce and Online Gaming Regulations and Assurance, this company specialises in the inspection and certifications of online gaming systems and softwares
- GLI: Standing for Gaming Labs International, the GLI is another international company that is a leading service provider for online gaming systems. They offer many different services for suppliers, operators, and regulations in addition to just their testing and certification services.
- TST: Technical Systems Testing, is a relatively new agency that came about in 2010. This site has since become a part of GLI and has a global reach, but focuses a lot of its attention on the Canadian market. TST was first known for it’s certification and inspection services for live casinos, as it was the first site to provide these services for those games.
These agencies are the ones who conduct the necessary tests to ensure that the payout rates are fair to both the players and the casinos. The games and their creators determine the payout rate, not the casino, so having these thief-party companies conduct these tests on the software companies will help guide you to casinos that offer the best games.
What to Look For?
So, when looking for a casino, how do you know which ones have the highest payouts? There are a few factors that promote a high payout, but the easiest way is to look on the UKGC’s website. When obtaining their licence, new casinos need to disclose their payout information. This information will help you weed through the numerous online casinos and choose the ones with the best payouts possible.
Games and Their Payouts:
Each game has a different set of odds, which affects the payout and house edge. Not only does every game have a different house edge and payout, but also each variation of the game does as well. Below is the ranking of the best payout games to the worst:
- Blackjack: Definitely has the highest payout rate, as the RTP rarely changes. This game however does have a few riskier versions, which bring down it’s RTP.
- Baccarat: Similar to Blackjack, Baccarat has an extremely high payout rate (almost 100%). But unlike with Blackjack, Baccarat has very few variations, which arguably make it a better choice in games for it’s consistent RTP.
- Live Casinos: Thankfully, live casinos don’t have many game variations, which give it an upper hand when it comes to a solid RTP. Not only that, but since live poker is placed with multiple players, which makes it a collective group playing against the house edge instead of just an individual.
- Craps: Another game with a steady RTP, craps is a great online casino game to play for a great payout. Unlike the other games listed, craps has some strategy and different wages involved, which makes calculating the RTP rather difficult. Even though figuring out the game’s RTP is tough, the payout rate still remains around 97%.
- Roulette: A classic casino game, roulette can, and usually does have a high payout if you play the basic version of it. However, once you start betting on different aspects of the game, such as red vs. black, and different numbers, the RTP goes down. If roulette is the game for you, be sure to be aware of this change before you begin betting.
- Casino Poker: There are several different games that are included in this group. They include: Texas Hold ‘Em, Oasis Poker, Three Card Poker, Caribbean Stud and Five Card Stud. All of these.
- Video Poker: Because video poker has some variations and small bets involved, the RTP suffers ever so slightly. Still, with an average of 95%, playing a simple game of video poker can lead to a pretty payout.
- Keno: Simply due to the nature of the game, Keno has a somewhat lower RTP compared to other games. Even though it doesn’t have crazy variations or betting involved, since it’s a longer game and there’s a bigger prize, the RTP isn’t as high. Bingo has a similar RTP for the same reasons.
- Slots: One of the most popular casino games, especially online, slots have a rather skewed RTP, which is why it’s further down on this list. The RTP really varies depending on the slot you want to play, as some games have better/worse payouts than others. Since the payouts are so unpredictable, be sure to check before you play.
- Scratch Cards: With an average RTP of only 80%, scratch cards don’t have a great reputation for high payouts. This simple game of odds gives the players very little chance to win. So not only is there a small payout possibility, but also you run the risk of spending lots of money for such small odds.
Many of the games listed above have variations. Since these variations change the game slightly, the RTP, house edge, and the eventual payout are affected. Usually these game variations affect the RTP negatively, so be sure to look into the game before you play.
Here is a breakdown of some of the most popular casino games with an explanation of the variants, their associated payouts, and the top online games in each category.
Slots: Most likely the most popular casino game, both online and at land-casinos, slots’ popularity won’t change regardless of the RTP. Even though that’s the case, there are some games that are actually extremely popular, that have an impressive RTP.
- Ugga Bugga (99.07%)
- Mega Joker (99%)
- Ooh Aah Dracula (99%)
Roulette: While classic roulette’s RTP lands in the middle of the pack compared to the other casino games, other versions of roulette have worse RTPs. There are six different versions of roulette that you can play:
- American – This is also known as the ‘standard’ or ‘classic’ roulette.
- European Roulette
- Double Ball Roulette
- Multi-Wheel Roulette
- Rapid Roulette
- Mini Roulette
While these games don’t necessarily increase in difficulty, they do increase in regards to the level of betting. The more rules that come into play and the more factors you can bet on, the higher the house edge becomes and the lower the game’s RTP is.
- Electronic Roulette (97.5%)
- European Gold (97.4%)
- Multi-Wheel European Gold (97.4%)
Blackjack: Hands down the game with the highest payout for players, there is a large selection of online blackjack games to choose from. If the incentive of a high RTP is interesting to you, be aware before playing. While it is possible to get this high RTP, it’s only attainable if you play a smart and strategic game. Once you begin making risky calls, your RTP starts declining.
- Blackjack Switch (99.87%)
- Single Deck Professional Blackjack (99.59%)
- Blackjack Surrender (99.65%)
Baccarat: Similar to other online games, Baccarat offers a very high payout rate for a straightforward game. Once you begin to strategise and bet more, the RTP starts going down, but thankfully doesn’t go down too far.
- Classic Baccarat (98.94%)
- Playtech Baccarat (98.94%)
- Punto Banco (98.94%)
Poker: A relatively small category, online poker still has a good selection of games that offer a nice RTP rate. These games are strictly online casino poker games, as other live poker games and multiplayer poker games have a different formula to calculate their RTPs.
- Texas Hold’Em (97.99%)
- 3 Card Poker (97.99%)
- Pai Gow (97.15%)
Software Providers & Payouts:
Another interesting factor that plays a role in a game’s RTP is that the software provider, or the game’s creators, control the payout rate. This is the case because when the game is being developed, the backend, or the game’s software, needs to be programmed with the statistics, which sets the payout rates and house edge. Below are some of the biggest names in the industry:
- Play ‘N Go
There are, of course, more software providers who create these games, these are simply the top 5. These providers work in tandem with some of the above casinos well, so we know that their games are fair and give a high RTP rate to the players.
Top 10 Casinos:
Now that you know what the ins and outs of payouts, here are top 10 online casinos with the best payouts. This list highlights the online casinos with the best payout odds, as well as other key features that make these casinos stand out. Some of these characteristics are their easy-to-use mobile apps, their broad selection of payment options, such as PayPal or Boku, and their vast game libraries. All of these casinos offer a multitude of games, from slots to live casino games, which allows every player to find their preferred game(s).
- Unibet Casino: With a payout percentage of 97.45, the Unibet Casino is a great place to play. With a wide variety of games available, this casino has something for every player. From blackjack to different styles of roulette, you are almost guaranteed to a nice payout if you play with them. If you’re looking for the game with the best payout, be sure to check out their video poker. Interested in signing up? New players at Unibet receive a great welcome package: deposit £10 and get £40 to play with at the casino!
- The Hippodrome Online Casino: When you sign up for The Hippodrome, you will receive a 100% match bonus of up to £50 (with a deposit of £10).
- BetVictor Casino: A truly unique online gambling experience, BetVictor has every game imaginable and more! They have a game selection of over 800 games and 12 different versions of roulette. Not only do they have 12 different roulettes, they also offer the most famous table game, which is 3 wheel roulette! Wage £10 and get £70 plus 50 free spins when you become a BetVictor player. Seems like a great place to win big!
- LeoVegas Casino: The LeoVegas Casino is a critically acclaimed online casino for a number of reasons. In addition to having one of the best payouts, they are also known for having one of the best mobile apps, which allow players to enjoy their games on the go! Not interested in slots? Not a problem; LeoVegas has one of the best selections of live casino games too. You will never be bored when you play with LeoVegas. Not only do you get a welcome bonus of up to €400 when you sign up with them, but also you get free spins every weekend with select games!
- William Hill Casino: A classic casino, William Hill offers it’s players everything you could want and more! Since it’s one of the oldest online casinos still in operation, it has a lot to offer. Primarily known for it’s blackjack and poker games, this casino always has a large jackpot up for grabs. With great customer service, a wide array of games, and a high RTP, you can’t go wrong with choosing William Hill. When you sign up, you’ll enjoy a 100% buy-in bonus and 50 free spins!
- NetBet Casino: With over 1,000 games, the NetBet Casino is a great choice. In addition to its extensive game selection, this online casino is known for its fantastic RTP, especially for the slot games. Knowing this is great for first time players because NetBet is currently offering up to 500 free spins when you sign up with them!
- Casimba Casino: This user-friendly casino has lots to offer it’s players. The Casimba Casino not only has top of the line games, but it also is known for working with some of the best software developers, such as NetEnt. Having partners like this ensures that the players don’t encounter any issues while using the site. With a very competitive welcome offer, Casimba is giving their first time users a 200% welcome bonus, up to €5,000 on your first deposit, and 50 free spins! Now that’s a deal that’s hard to pass up.
- Grosvenor Casino: Even though some of the other casinos in this list have been around for awhile, none of them compare to Grosvenor Casino. Not only has this casino been around, but it’s also primarily known for its land-casinos. Both forms are wildly successful and millions of players enjoy their selection of games. Sound like your type of casino? If you’re feeling lucky and decide to sign up, you will get £50 to play with when you make your initial deposit of £20.
- Grand Ivy Casino: Another great choice, the payouts at The Grand Ivy Casino don’t dip below 94%. One game that is known for having an extremely enticing payout is roulette, which has a whopping 97% RTP! Many of the casinos in this list share similarities, however, The Grand Ivy has something else to offer. Unlike the other casinos in the list, the Grand Ivy Casino has a VIP system. Becoming a member of this exclusive casino gives access to multiple different incentives. To help new players feel grand, the casino is giving new players a welcome bonus of up to €1,500 on top of 100 free spins!
- 888Casino: One of, if not the highest rated casino in many categories, the 888Casino is no exception when it comes to having excellent payout rates. With these rates ranging from 90-99%, you will have no trouble finding the best and most profitable games for you. At the moment, 888Casino is offering a welcome bonus of up to €140 when you double your initial deposit.
Games By Category:
Now that you have read, compared, and contrasted the mini-reviews for the casinos that have the best payouts, we will continue to shrink the choices to help you find exactly what you’re looking for. The casinos below are home to the best of the best payout offers in different categories:
- “The Best Mobile Payout” – LeoVegas
- “The Best Payout Roulette Site” – BetVictor
- “The Best Payout Live Casino” – William Hill
- “The Best Payout Blackjack Casino” – The Hippodrome Casino
- “The Best Payout for Slots” – Unibet
Now, you can properly narrow your search and find the best casino with your preferred game. Of course, the other casinos still have much to offer, however, it pays to pay at these casinos if you enjoy the games mentioned above.
While gambling can be mindless and isn’t always about winning, it’s definitely something that does motivate people to play. If you’re interested in making the best bet for your buck, always be sure to look for casinos with the best payouts. Taking RTPs and the house edge into account can make a world of difference when it comes to claiming your winnings. As a general rule of thumb, it’s best to stay away from online casinos that don’t offer a good RTP rate, as they can be untrustworthy, or even illegal in some cases.