The UK is a great place to be if you enjoy gambling. No matter where you’re located within the country, there are both online and land-casinos that are accessible to you. These casinos are top-rated and range from being casual joints to high-class, exclusive venus. Not only do they range in socio-economic class, but also they have a wide variety of games. While all of the casinos offer all of the popular games, some of them specialise in certain games. This specialised game could be anything from slots to blackjack; it just depends on the casino and where it’s located. Luckily for UK residents, no matter where you are, there are great local casinos near you.Advertising Disclosure
|Casino Site||Welcome Bonus||Casino Games||Rating||Play Now|
Play £10 Get £10 Bonus + 30 Free Spins
All Games 240+
|Get Bonus Virgin Casino Review Virgin Casino|
|18+. First Deposit Only. Wagering and Withdrawal limitations apply and vary by game. Click here for the offer’s full terms and conditions. Play Responsibly!|
100% up to £100 + 100 Free Spins
All Games 1000+
|Get Bonus Aspers Casino Review Aspers Casino|
New players only. Min deposit £20, Max bonus £100. 40x WR, 100 Free Spins - 10 batches of 10 Free Spins Daily - No WR - Max Win £10 per batch. T&Cs Apply 18+
Deposit and Bet £10 and get £50 bonus + 100 Free Spins
All Games 250+
|Get Bonus Paddy Power Casino Review Paddy Power Casino|
|New Customers from UK & IRL only. Deposits made with e-wallets are not valid for this promo. Bonus wagering x35 on eligible games. Winnings from bonus capped at £500. Spins available after bonus is redeemed/lost. Opt-in required. Full T&C’s apply.|
100% Up To £300 + 50 Free Spins
All Games 380+
|Get Bonus TonyBet Casino Review TonyBet Casino|
New Players Only. Full Terms Apply. 18+ T&C Apply
100% up to £500 + 50 Bonus Spins
All Games 500+
|Get Bonus Casimba Casino Review Casimba Casino|
|New customers only. 18+ T&Cs and wagering requirements apply.|
Play £10 Get 30 Free Spins
All Games 120+
|Get Bonus Rainbow Riches Casino Review Rainbow Riches Casino|
|New members only, must opt in. Min £10 deposit & wager. 30 day expiry from deposit.18+. Free Spins: on Rainbow Riches. 1p coin size, max lines. Bingo: Advertised ticket value based on £1 tickets. Game availability & restrictions apply. **£10 lifetime deposit for Daily Free Game.|
200% up to £200
All Games 1500+
|Get Bonus Wink Slots Casino Review Wink Slots Casino|
|New players only. Min deposit £10 with code RICHES to get 200% Bonus (max £200). Bonus wins capped at £400 exc. jp. wins. To withdraw games bonus & related wins, wager 30x the amount of bonus. Wagering req. vary by game. Deposit balance can be withdrawn at any time. Withdrawal restrictions & Full T&C’s apply.|
Spend £10 Get 50 Free Spins
All Games 300+
|Get Bonus Poker Stars Casino Review Poker Stars Casino|
Verified new casino accounts only. Bonus issued after verification; 7-day expiry; 50 redemption points required. Slots only, game contributions vary. £100 max win. Terms apply.
200% up to £500 Promocode - TUKC
All Games 270+
|Get Bonus 777 Casino Review 777 Casino|
|Make your 1st deposit with code TUKC and we’ll match it INSTANTLY with 200% up to €500 FreePlay on top Jackpots, Roulette & Blackjack games!|
Deposit & Bet £10 and Get £30 Bonus + 100 Free Spins
All Games 600
|Get Bonus Betfair Casino Review Betfair Casino|
|New UK&IRL Customers Only. Min Deposit £10 . Deposits made by e-wallets are not valid. Bonus wagering x35 on eligible games. Winnings from bonus capped at £500 . £5 Max Stake On Bonus. Spins available after bonus redeemed/lost. Spins value 0.10p. Opt In required. Full T&C's apply|
The first thing you should do is narrow down your options. While there are numerous top-rated casinos throughout the UK, you want to find a top-tier casino that you can easily get to. To help you with your search, here is a breakdown of some of the best casinos in the UK, organized by country and city, or in some cases, region.
Since England is the largest country within the UK, we have separated some of the most popular casinos into categories based on cities. Since England is so big, some of the regions (in particular the East), needed to be broken up even further.
- London: Hands-down the largest city in England (and in the whole UK). With such a large area covered, there is no shortage of casinos to choose from.
- The Ritz Club London: One of London’s swankiest casinos, The Ritz Club London is the place to be. At The Ritz’s casino you can do many things; you can gamble, watch live shows, or enjoy a 5 star meal. When it comes to gambling you can choose from four games: poker, blackjack, baccarat, and roulette. Since The Ritz Club was affiliated with the Ritz Hotel, it’s no wonder it’s an expensive night out. Unfortunately not everyone can enjoy this 5-star, as the clientele are very exclusive here.
- Crown Aspinalls: This private casino is another highly-rated London casino. This casino, while not as exclusive as The Ritz Club, it still requires a membership application to play there. Similar to The Ritz Club, the Crown Aspinalls doesn’t have any Vegas-style games, like electronic slots. Rather, they specialise in table games.
- Les Ambassadeurs: Known as “Les A”, this casino has a reputation for hosting celebrities, politicians, royalty, and politicians. Needless to say, with this clientele, the dress code required is formal. This elegant casino has more than gambling tables too. In fact, some of the entertainment provided is a gaming area in the back grounds, known as the “Smoking Garden”. This outdoor space allows guests to watch others play while enjoying a nice cigar.
- Glasgow: The capital of Scotland, this city has no shortage of great casinos. Ranging from smaller casinos to larger, resort-style ones, no matter what your preferences are, you will be able to find a casino here that fits your fancy, without any problems.
- Alea Glasgow Casino: One of the top casinos in Scotland, the Alea Glasgow has a lot to offer its guests. More of a resort, this casino has everything you could want for a weekend getaway. Known for its wide range of games, this casino also has an impressive entertainment section as well.
Clearly no matter where you’re located in the UK, there is no shortage of casinos to choose from. Keep in mind that the casinos mentioned above are not the only casinos available in the cities and countries. They are simply listed here because of their stellar reviews and high-ratings.
And not to worry if you’re not located near London or Glasgow, as there are dozens of other local casinos in Wales and other parts of England and Scotland. To get a better idea of the casinos in your area, check out this interactive map of the UK. Not only does this show you the casinos that are near you, but also gives you trust-worthy reviews and all kinds of information about the casino in question.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re looking for great casinos near you now, chances are you’re not the most religious gambler. If that’s the case and you don’t frequently gamble, or if you’ve never been to a casino, you will of course have some questions before you go for the first time. Not to worry though; casinos are full of excitement and
Below are some frequently asked questions that will help you navigate your way through your first casino experience.
- What do I need to get into a casino?
- You actually don’t need much to get into a casino. All you need is a valid photo ID, whether that’s a license or your passport. In addition to the idea, you simply need to make sure you also meet the casino’s dress requirements.
- How old do you have to be to enter a casino? Is it the same age to legally gamble?
- In the UK, you must be 18 years of age to both enter a casino and legally gamble. This may vary though, depending on the casino, the type of betting or gambling involved, and the casino’s location. Always be sure to double check before planning a trip.
- The legal age of drinking in the UK is also 18. To avoid any discrepancies regarding your age, please be sure to bring your ID.
- Does it matter what I wear?
- The short answer is ‘sometimes’. Not all casinos require that you follow a dress code, but some do. While this is the case, it’s just general etiquette to wear something at least nicer than shorts and a T-shirt. For men, either a button down shirt and pants or a nice polo with smart shorts are recommended. Women tend to generally wear either a nicer skirt or dress when going to a casino.
- Again, this differs on every casino. It depends on the atmosphere and the clientele that the casino caters to. Since you won’t be allowed in if you aren’t appropriately dressed, always be sure to check the casino’s dress policy before making the trip there.
- What time are casinos normally open?
- This varies depending on the casino. Usually casinos open in the early afternoon or around midday and close between 4am-6am. There are, however, 24 hour casinos. These aren’t as common, but they are around, so if you’re interested, be sure to check your area to see if any casinos around you operate on this schedule.
- How can I pay for my games?
- There are several different payment methods that you could choose. Sometimes though, just like a lot of the other questions, it depends on the casinos’ rules. Most casinos accept either cash or credit card. Online casinos are a different story though, as they accept many different forms of online banking payments, such as PayPal.
- Do casinos ever close?
- Usually casinos are open all-year round, with the exception of Christmas Day. In fact, according to the UK Gambling Commission, it’s illegal for casinos to operate on Christmas Day. Aside from this day, casinos can operate the other 364 days of the year.
Game Selection & Entertainment:
Now that you know the do’s and don’ts for casino basics, it’s time to become familiar with the different types of games. Casinos have a wide array of games you can play; they can be solo games, you can play against the dealer, or you can play against other gamblers. In addition to that, you can also play electronic games or live card ones. This all depends on your personal preference. And of course, you don’t have to choose just one!
To give you a small taste of what’s available, this is a list of the top three games gamblers enjoy in the UK:
- Slot Machines: Slots are hands down one of, if not, the most played game in the world. There are endless reasons why people love playing slots. For starters, it’s an easy game to play with the potential of a high-payout.
In order to play at a slot machine, simply follow these five easy steps:
- Deposit your money. Some games require a minimum deposit, but not all do.
- Choose the number of paylines you would like to play with. Playlines are the different combinations that are possible to win. These are changeable and the more you play with, the higher your chances are of winning.
- After you choose the number of paylines, you pick the amount you would like the coins to be worth. You then multiple the value of the coin by the number of paylines you have.
- This is a semi-optional step since not all machines have this function. At this point, you are able to wage your bet. This means you can bet ‘x’ amount of times your coin value. The higher the number ‘x’ is, the higher the bet is.
- It’s your time to spin! Now that you have all of your information plugged in you can spin to win big!
Another great thing about slots is that you aren’t just limited to playing them at land-casinos. In fact, online casinos are hugely popular with millions of players testing their luck with different slot games every day.
- Card Games: This is a huge category of casino games. Card games are primarily table games and have many different variations. You can either play against the dealer or against other players. Here are the most popular card games explained:
- Blackjack: One of the most basic casino card games that you should know. This game is you against the dealer. The goal is to make sure that your hand (aka your cards) doesn’t exceed 21. Not only can your cards not exceed 21, but they also have to be better than the dealer’s. So somehow this is a game of both skill and luck.
- Poker: A bit more of a difficult game to describe; poker is a number of different card games. The games vary depending on the begs waged. Poker games are usually played in small groups, so players bet against each other.
- Baccarat: Another player versus dealer game, baccarat is more of a high-stakes game. Usually the bets wagered are very large amounts, so both the player and the house (casino) are at risk of losing big. This game doesn’t always end in a loss though. In some cases the player and dealer can tie.
- Roulette: This game is played with a board, numbered wheel, and ball. The goal is to bet on a number (and a color) in the wheel. If the dealer rolls the ball and it lands on your number and color you win!
Of course, these aren’t the only games available at land-casinos and there are also many versions of these games available. Many casinos now have video poker games, which allow you to play by yourself against the computer or other players not in your location.
There is more than just games to play when you’re at a casino too. Many casinos are known for their fun shows, musical performances, and dining options. With all of these alternative forms of entertainment, it’s guaranteed that you will never be bored at a casino.
Thankfully, there are plenty of local casinos in the UK for you to choose from. Now that you have a better idea of the local casinos near you, you will be able to find one that best suits your gambling level and your game preference.